I lived in Asia for nearly seven years, providing me a wealth of personal and professional experience. I worked in Cambodia and Hong Kong, but I also traveled frequently to Thailand to assist the Southeast Asia regional bureau of The Associated Press with coverage. I also reported out of Vietnam and Indonesia. Here is a selection of some of my work for The AP and CNN.com International.
- Who won the estate of one of Asia`s richest women?
- AIDS patients struggle in isolated Cambodian town
- Myanmar citizens’ rage boils in film about 2007 protests
- Bangkok residents: `This is a mini-civil war` (The right rail box on this story are mostly stories put together, conceptualized by myself. I used twitter to connect with a lot of sources)
- A history of world`s fairs (CNN International TV ran this on air)
Special page for the Khmer Rouge genocide tribunal (I built). Some of my work on this includes:
- Filmmaker tracks Khmer Rouge killers
- Who were the Khmer Rouge? Interactive explainer
- Judgment day in photos
- Former child soldier undoes past, one landmine at a time